A commercial product to help scientists and researchers manage and administer large-scale studies and gather data from study subjects.
Scientists and researchers need an efficient method to create large-scale studies and gather data from study subjects.
- Computer-based study creation, administration, and data collection.
- Desktop visual designer allowing researcher to easily assemble complex electronic surveys using a sophisticated user interface.
- Commercial-grade CERTAS desktop protocol and survey design system constructed with .Net and C#.
- Surveys and questionnaires automatically transferred to handheld devices for data collection from subjects, saving time and increasing data quality
- Well received by researchers during usability testing—“intuitive,” “easy to use,” “elegant,” “wow!”
PICS, Inc. is a health behavior technology company dedicated to developing products that address health behaviors such as tobacco cessation, healthy diet and adequate exercise, which are concerns for a large majority of the population worldwide. The products of PICS are targeted to both the consumer and professional markets.
CERTAS (Configurable Electronic Real-Time Assessment System) is a commercial product to help scientists and researchers manage and administer large-scale studies and gather data from study subjects. Next Century developed the CERTAS Desktop visual designer application allowing the researcher to easily create and assemble complex electronic protocols and surveys using a sophisticated graphical user interface. This system was developed with MS .Net in C#. The Protocols and Surveys generated are sent via XML to handheld devices for survey execution and data collection for study subjects. The product has been very well received by the user community during initial field trials and usability testing.